How To Calm A Child Who Is A Nervous Flier
Flying can be a daunting experience for anyone, but it can be especially difficult child who is a nervous flier. But there are ways to help children cope with their fears and make the experience of flying more enjoyable.
Here are some tips to help children who are nervous fliers:
- Prepare your child in advance: Talk to your child about flying and what to expect during the flight. Use age-appropriate language and explain the different stages of the flight, such as takeoff and landing.
- Make a plan: Help your child come up with a plan for what they will do during the flight. This could be listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game.
- Bring comfort items: Allow your child to bring a favorite toy, blanket, or stuffed animal to the airport and on the plane. This will provide comfort and a sense of familiarity. Their BubbleBum car booster seat is a travel-friendly option . It will also comfort your child when you arrive at your destination.
- Distract them: Bring along books, games, or a tablet loaded with their favorite shows. Keeping them occupied on the plane will keep their mind off their fears.
- Encourage positive thinking: Help your child focus on positive thoughts. Remind them that flying is safe and that many people do it every day.
- Get them involved: Let your child help with tasks such as packing their bag or choosing what snacks to bring on the plane. This will help them feel more in control of the situation.
- Provide reassurance: Let your child know that you are there for them if they have any concerns or questions.
- Consider a child’s specific needs: If your child has autism, ADHD or anxiety, take into account their needs and check out the airline's policy for accommodating those needs.
- Seek professional help: If your child's fear of flying is severe, consider seeking help from a therapist or counsellor who specializes in anxiety.
In conclusion, flying can be a challenging experience for a child who is a nervous flier. But with a little bit of preparation and planning, it can be made more manageable. By following these tips, you can help your child cope with their fears and make the experience of flying more enjoyable. Remember that the most important thing is to provide reassurance, comfort and a sense of control for your child.
Don’t forget your BubbleBum inflatable car booster seat! It’s a great idea for travelling families because it is lightweight and portable, making it so easy to take with you on trips. It’s perfect for use in rental cars or other vehicles without the need for permanent installation. For the best deal visit our Amazon store here.